The main function of the Medical Staffing Team is to ensure that the Trust has the necessary medical personnel in post to provide a clinical service to our patients. This involves:
- ensuring posts remain filled and are recruited in line with current legislative requirements.
- obtaining locum staff to fill any gaps in service that arise.
- ensuring that all doctors’ rotas run smoothly and within legal limits on junior doctors hours.
- ensure that medical terms and conditions are adhered to along with Trust policies and procedures
- ensuring that Doctors in Training changeover dates in February, April, August and December of each year run smoothly.
The Medical Staffing Team has close internal working relationships with the Medical Director, Clinical Directors, Service Managers and all grades of doctor including Consultants, Specialty Doctors and Doctors in Training.
Externally, the Medical Staffing Team work closely with Health Education West Midlands, the General Medical Council, Royal College of Psychiatrists, local Foundation Schools and other Medical Staffing Departments amongst others. The Medical Education Administrator in Stafford works closely with Keele University Medical School to ensure that Medical Students on placement at the Trust have a good experience. The Medical Education Administrator also supports the College Tutors for South Staffordshire and Shropshire with arrangements for the weekly teaching programmes at St George’s Hospital and The Redwoods Centre.