|This course considers the theory of compassion and applies compassionate care through a new model of the compassionate mind.
|Target Staff Group|
|Nurses, health visitors and midwives
- Describe compassion and the model of 'the compassionate mind'
- Discuss the theory versus reality of delivering compassionate care
- Describe the term 'suffering' and list the core attributes needed to engage with those that are 'suffering'
- Describe 'compassionate care' and identify the skills and attributes needed to develop it in practice
- List the benefits of compassion in clinical practice
- Identify some of the barriers to delivering compassionate care
- List strategies for minimising barriers to compassionate care
- Describe what is meant by a lack of compassion and list the techniques to address this
- Consider the importance of a compassion-focused organisation
|E-learning via ESR
|Self paced e-learning. On average this module takes 1 hour to complete.
|How to Book|
|Enrol via ESR